Last day of the whole30! Tonight I made paleo spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. I’m one quarter Italian, so this must be how my paleolithic ancestors actually ate! I didn’t bother to look up a recipe for the meatballs, figuring I could just throw stuff in a bowl and my fantastic ethnic background would pull through for me. It sort of worked out…they probably could have used another egg. Or some actual breadcrumbs instead of coconut flour.
Italian heritage paleo meatballs
- 3/4 lb ground beef (because that’s how much was in the package I had)
- one egg
- 1/3 cup coconut flour (because that was the measuring cup I happened to have out on the counter)
- 1 tsp italian seasoning (the italian seasoning makes it authentic and italian right?)
- salt and pepper
I had the meatballs with steamed cauliflower and a tomatoless marinara sauce. The meatballs aren’t exactly spherical but that’s okay, because I don’t spheres had been invented yet in the paleolithic age.
- scrambled eggs with pesto
- lamb burger
- fried egg
- sliced almonds and coconut butter